Funds Available

There are many relief and recovery funds available throughout the state of Vermont, and each fund has their own specific eligibility requirements.  We will continue to update this page as more we learn more about each fund and what is available:
  1. Individual Assistance from FEMA for residents of Chittenden, Rutland, Washington and Windsor counties with damage from Tropical Storm Irene. (REGISTER BY NOVEMBER 15, 2011) no longer available
  2. The Preservation Trust offers matching grants up to $500 for Emergency Conditions and Engineering Assessments for non-profit, municipally-owned and commercial historic buildings throughout the state. These grants are made possible in part by the National Trust for Historic Preservation through the Daniel K. Thorne Intervention Fund.  If you would like to apply, please contact Paul Bruhn at 802-658-6647 or
  3. CVSWMD will offer up to $200 per household or small business (10 or fewer staff) to help cover the disposal of flood related waste. Funds are limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis! Call our office at 802.229.9383 for more information on how to apply. You may also find more information and download an application from our website.  Member towns are: Barre City, Barre Town, Berlin, Bradford, Calais, Chelsea, East Montpelier, Hardwick, Middlesex, Montpelier, Orange, Plainfield, Tunbridge, Walden, Washington, Williamstown, and Woodbury
  4. Irene Special Fund for Vermont Foodbank Network Partners
    The funding may be used to replace previously existing infrastructure that was lost such as: refrigerators, freezers, shelving, other storage, flooring, sheet rock, kitchen equipment, other items needed to operate your facility.  In addition, funding may be available to help defray the costs of repairing electricity and other building systems.  Please contact Chris Meehan at the email address above or 802-477-4130 if you have any questions.
  5. Vermont Community Foundation: Grants available to farmers affected by Tropical Storm Irene via the Vermont Farm Disaster Relief Fund application available online.   The purpose of the fund is to address critical needs of Vermont farms that sustained damage from Tropical Storm Irene, to help them continue or return to production.Grants available to nonprofit organizations affected by Tropical Storm Irene, via this online application.  Organizations may apply for up to $5,000 to support repair and recovery for damage sustained from the storm or to cover increased demand for services being provided to those affected by the storm.  Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis and grant decisions are made within two weeks of the submission date. For questions regarding grants related to Irene recovery contact Jen Peterson at or 802-388-3355 x288
  6. Other Funds:

American Legion Auxiliary Emergency Fund for those who suffered losses due to Irene
contact:, go to member resource, then go to find member forms

Black River Good Neighbors Fund for Black River area residents
contact: 802-228-3663

Braintree Flood Relief Fund for residents of Braintree / Granville
contact: Braintree Town Clerk at 728-9787; 932 VT Rte 12A West Braintree, VT 05060

Town of Bethel Disaster Relief Fund for residents of Bethel
contact: Town Clerk at 802-234-9722; PO Box 404 Bethel VT 05032

Bethel Relief Fund (Bethel Rotary) for organizations in Bethel
contact: Bethel Area Rotary PO Box 239 Bethel, VT 05032

Bridgewater Hurricane Fund (Bridgewater Neighbors Helping Neighbors) for Bridgewater residents
contact: Mary at 802-672-1818; See also Bridgewater Flood Response facebook page

Brand-Aid Fund (Brandon Area Chamber of Commerce) for Brandon businesses
contact: Janet Mondlak at

Cavendish Relief Fund for residents of Cavendish
contact: Town Clerk at 802-672-3157

Chester Andover Family Center
contact: 802-875-3236

Deerfield Valley Families Fund for residents of Jamaica, Halifax and Readsboro
contact: Julie Cincotta 14 Castle Hill Road Wilmington VT 05363

Deerfield Valley Rotary Club Sponsorship Program for residents of Wardsboro, Dover, Wilmington, Halifax, Jacksonville, Readsboro
contact: Arlene Palmiter at 802-464-1200

Grafton Cares for residents of Grafton and Athens
contact: Dennis at 802-869-2674

Granville Relief Fund (Granville Volunteer Fire Department) for residents of Granville and East Granville
contact: 802-767-4600; applications available at the Granville General Store

Hancock Relief Fund for Hancock residents
contact: Town Clerk at 802-368-7390; PO Box 37 Hancock VT 05748

Hartford Hurricane Irene Recovery Fund (WR Rotary and Chamber of Commerce) for residents of Hartford
contact: PO Box 4003 White River Jct, VT 05001

Haven Hurricane Irene Fund (Upper Valley Haven) for Upper Valley residents
contact: 802-295-6500

Irene’s Islands Relief Fund for residents of Killington
contact: Linda Ross PO Box 266 Fair Haven VT 05743

Intervale Center Farmers Recovery Fund for Intervale farmers
contact: or call 802-660-0440 ext 107

Killington Relief Fund for residents of Killington
contact: 802-422-3473

Mad River Community Fund for residents of the Mad River Valley
contact: MRV Community Fund PO Box 353 Waitsfield VT 05673

Town of Marlboro for residents of Marlboro
contact: Town Clerk

NeighborWorks for residents of Addison, Bennington and Rutland counties

Town of Newfane for residents of Newfane
contact: Town Clerk

NOFA VT Farmer Emergency Fund grants and zero interest loans for organic farms
contact: 802-434-4122

Northfield / Roxbury Flood Relief for residents of Northfield and Roxbury
contact: 802-552-4776 or email

Operation Revive Royalton (Journey Church) for residents of Royalton
contact: 802-763-2139 or

Ottaquechee Health Foundation Relief Fund for community relief organizations and agencies; AND residents of Barnard, Bridgewater, Killington, Plymouth, Pomfret, Quechee, Reading, and Woodstock
contact: 802-457-4188

Pastor’s Discretionary Fund (Wilmington Congregational Church) for residents of Wimington
contact: 802-464-2736; PO Box 107 West Dover VT 05363

Pierce Hall Relief Fund for residents of Granville, Hancock, Pittsfield, Rochester and Stockbridge
contact: Town Clerk or

Pittsfield Relief Fund (Pittsfield Federated Church) for residents of Pittsfield
contact: PO Box 623 Pittsfield VT 05762 or

Plymouth Memory Tree Fund (Neighbors Helping Neighbors) for residents and businesses in Plymouth
contact: forms available at the Plymouth Post Office and Tyson Congregational Church

Preservation Trust Vermont for non-profit, municipality owned or commercial historic buildings
contact: Paul at 802-658-6648

Reading Relief for residents of Reading
contact: Town Clerk at 802-484-7250

Restoring Rutland for Rutland County

Rebuild Rochester Foundation for residents and businesses in the Rochester area
contact: Town Clerk at 802-767-4511

Relief for Rochester for residents of Rochester
contact: PO Box 238 Rochester VT 05767

Revitalizing Waterbury for Waterbury small businesses
contact: PO Box 473 Waterbury, VT 05676

Richmond Area Relief Fund for residents of Richmond, Huntington and Bolton impacted by Irene
contact: Anne at 802-434-4250; pick up application at Town Clerk’s office

Sharon Relief for residents of Sharon
contact: Town Offices at 763-8268

Sherburne Women’s Club for residents of Killington
contact: Pat Linnemayr at or SWC PO Box 68 Killington, VT 05751

South Eastern Vermont Long Term Recovery Committee (United Way of Windham County) for residents in Windham County
contact: 802-257-4011

Stockbridge Disaster Relief Fund for residents of Stockbridge
contact: Town Clerk at 802-746-8400; PO Box 39 Stockbridge, VT 05772

Stratton Disaster Relief Fund for displaced families in Wardsboro, Peru, Chester, Stratton and Jamaica
contact: 802-297-2096; PO Box 523 Stratton Mt. VT 05155;

Union Plus Grant (AFT VT) for members who participate in the Union Plus Program
contact: 802-658-3113

Vermont Disaster Recovery Fund for long term recovery funds state-wide
contact: 802-864-7547

Vermont Farm Fund (Center for Agricultural Economy in Hardwick) zero interest loans up to $5000
contact: Elena Gustavson at 802-472-8540 x 2

Vermont Horse Council for horse owners affected by Irene
contact: Cindy Cross-Grennia at 802-899-3928

Vermont Irene Flood Relief Fund (CVCAC) for small business grants to Vermont businesses

Vermont State Infrastructure Bank Loan Fund (VEDA / AOT) for Town and Municipality repair and reconstruction loans
contact: Steve at VEDA 802-828-5459 or Karen at AOT 802-828-1078

VTEL for VTEL customers whose homes and businesses were affected by Irene
contact: 800-279-4049

Wardsboro Relief Fund for residents of Wardsboro
contact: Carleen Capen PO Box 47 Wardsboro, VT 05355

Waterbury Good Neighbor Fund (Waterbury Congregational Church) for residents of Waterbury and Duxbury
contact: 802-244-6606

Wilmington Small Business Fund (Deerfield Valley Rotary) for businesses in Wilmington
contact: Adam Palmiter 44 Castle Rd. Wilmington, VT 05363

Woodstock Area Flood Relief Fund (Sustainable Woodstock) for Woodstock and nearby communities
contact: 802-457-2911 for application

Wood Warms Program (Springfield Restorative Justice) wood for heating for residents of greater Springfield
contact: Wendy at 802-885-8707

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s