The Green Mountain United Way is one of nine United Ways in the state of Vermont and we serve the counties of Caledonia, Essex, Orange, Orleans and Washington. Our work primarily focuses around following core initiatives:
4. Basic Needs
Mobilizing communities to create lasting changes in local conditions that will improve lives
We will build a stronger community by mobilizing our communities to improve people’s lives.
- Energize and inspire people to make a difference.
- Craft human care agendas within and across our communities.
- Build coalitions around these agendas.
- Increase investments in these agendas by expanding and diversifying our own development efforts and supporting those of others.
- Ensure that these investments have measurable, recognizable impact.
- Reflect the diversity of the communities.
It is our belief that through the work of the Green Mountain United Way we can increase the organized capacity of people to care for one another. We seek to improve the overall quality of life in the communities we serve. As a leader in the community we work to bring together organizations and people to rejoice in the great strides our communities have made and to seek new ways to solve community problems.
Code of Ethics:
We will hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards both in human and financial responsibility.
- Improve the overall quality of life in the communities we serve.
- Lead by encouraging and motivating.
- Be effective, efficient and good stewards of donors’ investments.
- Be accountable for actions and for results.