|Find Your Spring Program at the Green Mountain Club!To help you prepare for the hiking season ahead, GMC is offering a full calendar of outdoor skills workshops. Whether you’re a novice hiker or ready to try an ultralight thru-hike, we have the class for you.
Spring 2015 Calendar:
- Introduction to Backpacking, April 8
- Hiking and Backpacking with Kids, April 14
- Trail Maintenance 101 Work Day and Picnic, April 25
- End-to-Ender’s Panel, May 1
- SOLO Wilderness First Aid, May 9 & 10
- The Perfect Shot: Hiking and Photography, May 16 & 17
- Ultralight Backpacking, May 19
- Women’s Introduction to Backpacking Overnight Trip, June 6 & 7
- Plant Identification Workshop and Hike, June 27
- SOLO Wilderness First Aid, June 20 & 21
Mark your calendars for the final James P. Taylor Outdoor Adventure Series shows:
Tales from the Trail: A Mom’s Quest for Closure through Five Hundred Miles of Forced Family Fun, hiking El Camino de Santiago, The Way of St. James. Presented by Jennifer Borch and her children, Foster (16), Brianna (15) and Nolan (10). The show is this Friday, April 3 at the Green Mountain Club Visitor Center in Waterbury Center. 7:00 p.m.
Road Trip to Gaspe Peninsula, presented by GMC Burlington Section members Sheri and Rich Larsen. Friday, April 10 at the Richmond Free Library in Richmond. 7:00 p.m.
Jennifer Borch and her children Foster (16), Brianna (15) and Nolan (10)
This Saturday, April 4: GMC and Laughing Moon Chocolates of Stowe will be hosting their combined annual Mud Season Celebration and Egg Hunt at the GMC Visitor Center in Waterbury Center. All welcome! FREE, but remember to BYOB (bring your own basket)!
Save the Date! The 4th annual Vermont Gear Swap and Sale, Saturday, April 25, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the West Monitor Barn in Richmond.
You can donate here to support our trails.